Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Metamorposis 6

The Utah Museum of Contemporary Art (UMOCA) recently held it's annual fundraiser which was an elegant and fantastically successful event. My acrylic painting above, from my new "Metamorphosis" series, was among the art sold in the art auction.

All of the invited artists created work that was 12 x 12 inches and signed their name on the back so that the patrons would purchase art without knowing who the artist was--meaning that they would be guided by their aesthetic reaction to the art rather than look for a famous name. Since this painting was from my new series that hasn't had much public exposure it was exciting for me--and I was pleasantly surprised by who ultimately purchase it.
"Metamorphosis 6", acrylic on board, 12 x 12 inches

No comments: