Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday Tea Time

Going through some of my paintings from years past I saw this and thought it would be a perfect Tuesday Tea Time post. I painted "Two Tea Cups" in 2003 and it has a nice larger companion piece called "Jars and Vases" which was reproduced as a print. Both of these paintings are from a series of still lifes and have a nice combination of color and pattern. The tea cups are whimsical references to fine china patterns. Now I am thinking about how much I enjoy making a proper afternoon tea with assorted little sandwiches – two of my favorites are cucumber, and black olive with cream cheese – and other nibbles such as cookies, fruits and cheeses and drinking tea out of a china cup. But I'll get back to my painting for now and save that treat for this coming weekend.
"Two Tea Cups", acrylic on canvas, 26 x 32 inches, $1,500

No comments: