Monday, January 26, 2009

New Orleans Lil' Easy Bus Illustration

I did a project last month that was an enjoyable challenge and a perfect fit for me: an illustration to wrap buses in New Orleans, featuring jazz music. Some of the New Orleans neighborhoods are still sparsely populated and are bouncing back from hurricane Katrina. These new Lil' Easy buses transport people from the neighborhoods to the larger transportation connection areas.

It was great working with Creative Director Dave Malone for Veolia Transportation. These are some of my thumbnail sketches as composition options for the art:






The Lil' Easy Sprinter buses are now driving around New Orleans neighborhoods with my illustration on the sides. I hope these colorful buses brighten peoples spirits and make getting around more pleasant!

No comments: